Tuesday, November 29, 2011

CONTEST ENTRY: The Scrooge in My Life- Kaitlin S.

When I was in the 7th grade my English class read the book, A Christmas Carol. While some didn't enjoy the book I looked past what they saw and found that the story had an important lesson that I could relate to. A Christmas Carol could be seen as a story of a man who hates his life because of his past but I think its about never giving up when the "Scrooge" in your life brings you down. I'm 15 years old and began doing theater two years ago. I always got ensemble roles and many people like Scrooge would tell me I wasn't important in the show because I wasn't the lead but, after doing a number of shows something struck me that the other actors didn't see. I was just as important. Without me and others in the ensemble there wouldn't be a great show. I was able to show the people who acted like Scrooge how important we ensemble actors were and in the end they understood my point of view and changed for better just like Scrooge did in a Christmas Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment