Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Grand Finale

The "Christmas Carol" curtain has fallen at the Hanover Theatre for the last time this season. I think today was our best show, yet! The whole cast seemed to be savoring every moment. There was even a marriage proposal during the curtain speech (she said "YES"). Actually, 2 minutes after the "yes", Tiny Tim (Elizabeth Brytowski) said , "What did that guy just say ask her?". When I told her the couple just got engaged on the stage she squealed with delight...just a little slow on the uptake. ;) 
Lea- our lovely walk-on role
 

There was also a walk-role in the show today. Lea, a high school student from Notre Dame told me her dad had won a radio contest awarding her the prize of "cast member for a day". She did a wonderful job sharing the stage with us for 3 numbers . And her dad was there to watch (I am sure he was there with many others supporting Lea's Hanover debut!).


Hopefully, Lea wasn't too bothered by our usual ladies' dressing room goofiness. In the midst of our busy and exciting weekend, we recorded two pieces from the show for the blog. The boys will probably be jealous when they see how productive we were. 




But seriously, I couldn't ask for a better way to spend the holiday season then working together with such a lovely team to share the story of Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". I've loved having the priveledge of playing Mrs. Cratchit at the Hanover Theatre for the last 4 years. I hope I get to do it again next year!
Yariana Bergier and Annie Kerins









No comments:

Post a Comment