Thursday, December 1, 2011

CONTEST ENTRY: Christmas With a Three-Foot Scrooge- Sydney S.

So you ask if I have a Scrooge in my life, huh? Well, I do. He's three feet tall and is named Drew. I know, not so scary yet, but after you read this, you will feel so bad for me. So here is the story, of “Christmas With a Three-Foot Scrooge”.
Long, long ago- well, a few years ago, it was Christmas Eve. I was seven years old, and my little brother Drew, was three years old. We were at our Christmas party. Our guests were having a great time, and so weren't we. I was surprised the way Drew was acting. He was behaved, mild-mannered, and polite, until “Present Time”. That got Drew crazy.
He was jumping around, screaming, and kicking. We could all tell he was excited. A little, too, excited. I was extremely embarrassed. Then, Drew ran to the Christmas Tree. I knew something bad was going to happen... I was right. Drew jumped on one of the presents that was
“coincidentally” for me, and was now “coincidentally” ruined. Instead of yelling and tackling him, I took a deep breath, and let it go.
I walked over to the Christmas Tree and took the biggest present that was for me. I untied the bow very gently, but then BAM! Drew knocked me on the hardwood floor like a door that Chuck Norris kicked. Before I got up, Drew was ripping the wrapping paper to that present.
“No!” I screamed embarrassing myself. I couldn't help a wild child open my present without adult supervision. There it was, one of the presents I really wanted for Christmas.
“Oh my goodness!” I screamed. I loved it!
It was a beautiful bike with no training wheels. It was a Mongoose bike, from one of the best bike company ever! The bike was magenta, one of my favorite colors. Also, the bike was super shiny since it was new.
I hugged the people who bought me the bike and thanked them. I walked back to the tree to open a new present. Then, I found my bike lying on the ground looking like someone knocked it over, and in this case, that “someone” was Drew.
Unlike before, I screamed and really tackled him furiously. My bike was a half ruined! I let go of Drew and hugged my Mom. Her lovely words and squeeze somehow calmed me down. After that, the rest of the night was much better with Drew in his room, and me playing with my
new toys.
When everyone left, I got in to my Pajamas and went into my room. My mom and dad tucked me in, and kissed me on the forehead. We all said “goodnight” to each other, and I was already sleeping dreaming about everything that was going to happen tomorrow.
The next morning, I woke up around six o'clock. Even though it was early, very early, I still woke my parents up.
“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!” I hollered while shaking them.
“What? What? What?” my mom said in a very sleepy voice.
“Christmas!!!” I screamed.
“Oh, right. Merry Christmas, sweetie,” my mom said, still very sleepy.
“Merry Christmas!” I said hugging my mom and dad.
“Lets go go go!” Then , I was off running to the Living Room. I stopped running and stared at the Living Room. Oh my! I sat on the floor just admiring the presents. Then, I heard a high-pitched scream from the hallway. It was Drew. (Of course). He ran to the Christmas Tree and ripped his presents open. (Thank goodness not mine). Mom and dad took pictures of Drew. Now it was my turn. I got wonderful presents like, an Electric Guitar, a Baby Alive Doll,
Barbie Dolls, and much, much, more.
I played with all of my toys until Lunch Time. I stuffed my self with
ham, ham, and more ham. Then I rinsed my throat with cold, refreshing,
water.
Drew played with his food. He at least tried the ham, but then spit it out on the floor. We also had mashed potatoes, which Drew played with also. He rubbed the mashed potatoes on his face and ran around the house screaming “Give me your potatoes!!!”
I just ignored Drew, but my Dad got really mad.
He picked Drew up and brought him to his room. Dad locked the door so Drew couldn't get out. For a few minutes, all I heard was Drew screaming, kicking the door, and the Christmas music on the Television. I didn't feel bad for Drew at all. He kind of deserves all of that. He half
ruined my Christmas!
Then, my Dad was nice enough to open Drew's door and let him play. The rest of the day wasn't too bad. Drew just knocked over some of my favorite ornaments, broke my crayons, and messed up my Wii. (The crayons I don't really care about).
The day passed by fast, and it was time to go to sleep. It was a great day. I said “Goodnight” to everyone, and I was asleep.
It was morning, a normal morning. My alarm clock/Drew woke me up. I had some Frosted Flakes with milk, my favorite. I turned on the Television in our Kitchen. I watched Hannah Montana, and my Dad was reading the News Paper, then he noticed something.
“Want to go see a movie today?” My Dad asked.
“Sure,” I said.
“Lets see...hmm...want to see ' A Christmas Carol?'”
“Yay!” I said.
“I'll take that as a yes,” my Dad said.
So Dad, Mom, Drew and I went to the movie theaters.
“Here we are!” Dad said.
I saw a humongous, gigantic, enormous, big, posters everywhere advertising movies. The smell of buttery popcorn made me hungry. Really, really, hungry. So I walked over to the Popcorn Counter and ordered a Medium Popcorn.
While I was giving the money to the lady, I heard yelling. A very familiar yell. Yep! It was Drew. He was yelling for a bigger popcorn. Mom refused. Then, of course, Drew ran to me.
“SYDNEY! BIG POPCORN!” Drew yelled.
“Okay,” I said just to make him stop.
“YAY!!!” Drew screamed.
I just wanted to get out of the Theater. When we got our tickets, we walked to the room where the movie was playing. I relaxed, and ate my Popcorn. The movie started right away.
The movie was wonderful. Scrooge would have to be my favorite character. I wondered how it would be like to have another version of Scrooge in real life. Well, someone who ruins Christmas and takes the fun out of almost everything. There would have to be someone like that.
While I was walking out of the Movie Room, I saw Drew sipping and slurping his soda. I just stared at him and thought: Drew is a Scrooge! He acts like one! Now I know how it feels like. I kept staring at Drew. Yep, he's a Scrooge. I got to say, even though he's a Scrooge, he's my
Scrooge.

377 comments:

  1. VOTE: FOR SYDNEY S.

    Sydney, I love your story!! Big hugs and kisses, Love Frosso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vote

    Great job babygirl ! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely well written, you make Charles Dickens proud.--Louis Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  4. vote. i love your story

    ReplyDelete
  5. vote...A beautiful story

    ReplyDelete
  6. vote...I love your story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful story

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honey this is a great story. Keep on writing. Good luck!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  9. vote....yia yia and papou

    ReplyDelete
  10. My vote for Sydney S.

    B.M.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant wait to see you on stage sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. voted for you...go go go

    ReplyDelete
  13. a Vote from Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  14. vote for Sydney...

    T.C.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sydney, Olivia and I loved your story..I could actually see what was going on. Did you know that your brother Tommy used to Bug your brother Kyle? So much so that Kyle asked us to send Tommy back to the hospital where we got him..LOL I promise you it will get better. Look at Kyle and Tommy now they are great friends.
    You have our vote. Tammy and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spiro and Kelly say, don't be a geek, vote for the greek.
    We vote for Sydney S. We loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sydney, you wrote an awesome story. Love you!! - Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Outstanding story, it has the light hearted humor we love to associate with this Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your story, you sure know how to tell a tale. Love you much, Mammy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful story, Sydney. Love you- Aunt Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved your story, Sydney, good luck! Uncle Joe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sydney, that was a wonderful story,hope Drew will be better this Christmas,good luck and I love you-Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. great poems in happy times and a great story here. keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  24. W O W!!! She should become a writer when she's older

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cant believe this is someone in 4th grade.
    A great read.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great job, well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice story! Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  28. go sydney...go sydney...go sydney

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sydney you belong on stage...Do it my sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful story, Sydney. Love your little scrooge though, he is funny--- good luck- Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am a first time visitor to this site. A friend told me anout your story. You have my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  32. a vote well deserving

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great story Sydney, love the way you wrote about your brother. Love, Britt

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great story, you got my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Marvelous story!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You sure can write a good tale. Perhaps someday they'll have a play about something you wrote. Absolutely amazing, you have our vote.

    ReplyDelete
  37. You have written a very fine story, Sydney, Good Luck in the contest. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  38. Vote one for me for Sydney S.

    ReplyDelete
  39. vote for Sydney...from a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  40. i find it hard to believe that a 4th grader wrote this. Good Luck with the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  41. another vote from Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Trisha says vote for Sydney..Yay

    ReplyDelete
  43. When's your next story coming out, loved this one,you got my vote, Parris

    ReplyDelete
  44. Vote from me, Arty. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Vote! Is she really only nine years old?

    ReplyDelete
  46. We both cast a vote for Sydney, wonderful story, Chick and Marge.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Vote. Drew sounds like a handful

    ReplyDelete
  48. Excellent essay, you have my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  49. A definite VOTE for Sydney---beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Vote from me--- Sydney Lucas

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wonderful story Sydney, you have my Vote definitely-good luck, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  52. Another vote for sydney

    ReplyDelete
  53. I want to see Sydney on stage

    ReplyDelete
  54. A vote for my cousin. She belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Precious little girl..a vote from me.

    ReplyDelete
  56. To Sydney from yiayia//I love you.. vote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. We vote for Sydney!!!

    ReplyDelete