Monday, December 5, 2011

Day Off

At the end of the “work through” of A Christmas Carol in the Hanover Theatre rehearsal hall yesterday there was a buzz of excitement because, not only had we successfully pieced together the show, but we also knew what was coming – A day off!

Now, I don’t know about the rest of my cast mates, but my day off isn’t going to be spent lounging around in my pajamas, eating Munchos, and watching ‘Parks and Recreation’ on Netflix. No, sir. There are lines I have to learn, harmonies to think about learning, and lyrics review.

There is also a blog that I was asked to write -- which, of course, will wait until after all the above things are completed.

The theatre is a tough job, man. And not just for the actors. I know Troy (our talented director) is trying to figure out where we can add pyrotechnics this year, Ilyse (our smart choreographer) is coming up with new dance steps – We are adding a number called “Scrooge’s Dream Ballet” featuring Kevin Hadfield as Scrooge, and Carola (one of the best Stage Managers there is) is coloring in her script and trying to stay within the lines. Like I said, it is a job that takes focus -- even on days off.

I would go into much more detail, but reruns of 30ROCK just came on and I am getting distracted. I also need to get out of bed.

Until next time -- Peace and Hairgrease!

Tyler Bellmon, Cast Member

No comments:

Post a Comment